The 3rd Annual Moonlight Madness will be a one night only shopping and events with lots of activities, sales, giveaways and specials throughout the town! We want to make this event an even bigger success than last year and hopefully continue to build a successful program that can drive business year over year during the holiday season. In order to achieve this, we need to ensure as much participation as possible. Aside from it being beneficial to your business and garnering sales, you can leverage this as an information session educating about your services/products.
DATE & TIME
Friday, December 1 from 4:30 PM - 7:00 PM
Continue opportunities to drive holiday business into the retail and service core. VISION Building on years past, Midnight Madness will be a shopping event with lots of activities to keep people in town for dinner, to use services, and to explore stores, galleries etc. This would also allow awareness generation as well and build town pride.
It is not an entertainment event like Little Town Christmas, however there will be some small, children based events/ambiance planned. Our mandate is to drive sales into the businesses.
TARGET MARKETING FOCUS
On-Island Locals 55% | Residents 45%
We would like to continue with or add too from last year:
• Spot Prizing - One person adhering to a schedule and random selection
• Professional Santa Photos - free
• Carolers/Choir/Music throughout the streets - ambiance
• Horse Trolley (clear roads dependent) - movement in town
• Burn Barrel/bonfire - ambiance • Candy Cane Lane Decor - ambiance
• Elf on the shelf - spot the elf in locations to be entered to win a kids item
• Kids Colouring - take home reminder
• Arts and crafts - to entertain children
• Bake Sale - raise funds local school
• Hot Chocolate - ambiance
• And More
1. Existing Website
• Change background image on site
• Change slider to direct to Christmas area
• Coordinate with the chamber & events postings
• SEO on specified pages and send bot
2. Print Advertising
• Cowichan Valley Citizen • Nanaimo/Duncan/Ladysmith Newspapers
• Chemainus Valley Courier - Full page with list and map
3. Social Media
• Promote and share members businesses
• Facebook advertising pay per click sales #chemainusMoonlight, #chemainusEvents, etc.
5. Stake Signs
• Quick local visual promoting events
• Enhances sense of holidays
8. Email Newsblast
• Email specific Holiday blast
• Posters will be printed and placed/circulate through the town Marketing Tactics Cont’d. 10. Map Handouts
• Printed for all attendees during event
• Showcase sales and events.
• Awareness driven
• Press Releases
• Story discussions and online promotion
WAYS TO PARTICIPATE
1. Stay Open This is the biggest thing you can do!
2. Offer a Sale/Discount Draw people in to browse your location, and incentivise them to purchase.
3. Decorate With a Candy Cane Lane theme, it showcases the town as a collective and allows for a fun consistent atmosphere.
4. Enticements Some have discussed offering a small sip of wine while shopping or warm cookies etc. All are enticements to make people linger in your space. Make the event as special as you can in your own store, get creative.
5. Participate in Elf On the Shelf To draw attendees who may not have otherwise come into your location and to enhance the fun feeling within the event.
6. Donate a Small Prize or Gift Card This will be what we use for spot prizing & hourly draws and will have many announcements about what was won, plus there will be media discussing what was donated when.
7. Small Event or Something fun If you want to add to the event or simply hold something in your store, we will be happy to promote it. Things that would work well would be a small event (wine sipping), a demonstration or workshop.
8. Volunteer We can always use helpers to make this event happen and we would be happy just to have you in the sub-committee to help with planning.
9. Tell your customers & Spread the word We have handouts and leaflets for you to give out. If you would like to have some made with your special, event or anything else you are doing specifically to moonlight madness we would be happy to design them and print them for you. We want Chemainus and the neighbouring towns to be excited about this event so please share on your social media channels and help spread the word.
10. Advertise In the Map Map advertising is available (see attached for layout and pricing).
DOWNLOAD EVENT PROPOSAL & SIGN-UP HERE
Spaces fill quickly so if you are interested in a spot, please reserve as soon as possible. Contact 250-216-4239 or firstname.lastname@example.org