Merry Shopping Chemainus is the perfect holiday combination of visibility and circulation. Starting on November 15th, we will begin our Holiday campaign which includes both a passport and gift guide. This is aimed at showcasing the variety of gifts available in Chemainus and encouraging purchases through the use of our passport. For every purchase of $20 a stamp can be given. After completing a full card of 9 stamps from any participating retailer (must be from at least 5 different stores), customers are entered to win a Chemainus gift basket with a value of $250+. This gets people up and moving around the town encouraging upsells and further exploration through other shops. Customers can enter as many completed cards as they would like so long it meets the requirements.
This event is driven by those who participate. We are offering the social media, print and online vehicle. This campaign allows you to display prominent goods showcasing the breadth of your offerings, while also encouraging people to shop, purchase more, and even just experience your business. There is a very small tiered membership fee of $25-$45 for the entire campaign. These costs help with advertising so that we can ensure your brand is spread across a variety of markets multiple times.
DATE & TIME
November 15 to December 15, 2017
To showcase a broad range of products while also offering an incentive program aimed at furthering store visits and sales via a passport.
By revealing key products daily that can be found in Chemainus, we showcase the variety of product and services available. This is aimed at enticing people to shop within the town while giving visibility and rise to our members. The passport is used to further sales and act as an added enticement to shop. Engaging social media, print marketing, visual window display, and rack card usage is key to this promotion and will the main vehicles of visibility.
TARGET MARKET FOCUS
On-Island Locals 60% | Residents 40%
• Gift Guide - Item/product Showcase - these will be revealed daily
1. Existing Website
• Change background image on site • Change slider to direct to Campaign
• Showcase products with details
• SEO on specified pages and send bot
2. Print Advertising
• Cowichan Valley Citizen
• Nanaimo/Duncan/Ladysmith Newspapers
• Chemainus Valley Courier - Full page with list and map, Free and paid advertising available, possible paper insertion
3. Social Media
• Daily reveals, tagging to businesses and general share
• Facebook advertising pay per click sales #ShopChemainus
4. Window Display
• Prominent window display
• Daily reveals and business names
5. Email Newsblast
• Email specific Holiday blast
• Posters will be printed and placed/circulated through the town
7. Rack Cards
• Printed copies for all locations
• Act as passport
8. POP Display
• Counter display which you can add your entries to
• Awareness driven
• Press Releases
WAYS TO PARTICIPATE:
Feel free to participate in one or a combination of ways.