---- UPDATE: Scroll down for all Renderings provided from this meeting ---- Originally published January 16 ----
Monday, January 15, 2018, Chemainus BC: Vancouver Island Regional Library (VIRL) is moving forward with exciting plans to build a new library in Chemainus at the corner of Cypress and Willow Street (the site of the old firehall).
The public is invited to come and see the new library designs for themselves.
Once built, the state-of-the-art new library will offer:
• 5,000 square feet of floor space
• Increased staffing levels
• Expanded hours of operation
• A larger collection with many new materials
• An expanded program scheduleMore public computers
• A vibrant children’s area
• A lounging area with fireplace
• A laptop bar
• Study space
• A bookable multipurpose room
The total project budget is $2.25 million, including branch construction, new furniture, equipment, and IT infrastructure.
Construction is slated to start in 2018. During construction, library services will continue to be offered at the current location of the Chemainus branch.
*Please note: The Photo above is simply a representation of the new VIRL builds and is NOT nescessarily indicitive of what is proposed for Chemainus.
Prior to construction, the public is invited to see the designs for their new library. The Open House will be held from 5:30 – 8 pm on Wednesday, January 24 at the Chemainus 55+ Activity Centre at 9824 Willow Street.
• 5:30 – 7 pm: Open session to learn about designs
• 7 – 8 pm: Presentation by library staff and Q&A Refreshments and snacks will be provided.
For more Information
David CarsonDivisional Manager, Corporate Communications and Strategic Initiatives
250.753.1154 ex 248
For the press release please click here